NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[nycphp-talk] How to hide the status bar

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Fri Jun 1 11:30:08 EDT 2007

Mark Armendariz wrote:

> Can't be done as it's a security issue
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/components/signed-scripts.html
>
> http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6409-10/sec.htm
>
> (search for the word 'status' in those docs)
>
> IE7 and Firefox have settings (in their settings menus) to allow JS to do
> so, but unless you're dealing with an intranet of sorts, that may not be
> much help to you since they're off by default.
>
> Mark

The only thing I think is possible is to open a new window from a page
that does not have a status bar (or any bars for that matter). That may
not work out in Firefox as those links are typically opened in a new
tab, which doesn't get you anything.

Maybe knowing why you want to hide the status bar will make it easier to
give some tips.

David