NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[nycphp-talk] URGENT: my ibm t41p laptop motherboard is messed up

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Wed Nov 2 18:51:54 EST 2005

Howdy:

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 05:39:23PM -0500, Rolan Yang wrote:

> What are the symptoms? You might want to first try swapping out the RAM
> if possible.

If I jostle the computer, one of two things happen:
    * the monitor's image gets jumbled/pixelated
    * a line appears across the monitor, the the system freezes and then
      the image gets whiter and whiter as time goes by

Before I even finished describing what was going on the person at IBM knew
exactly what I was talking about.  Based on past experience and the rep's
take on things, I'm confident it's the system board.

Thanks,

--Dan

--
                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/