NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[nycphp-talk] Re: Getting back to shopping carts [ WAS Re: Liability protection for consultants?]

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 00:00:40 EST 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:15:40 -0500, Faber Fedor <faber at linuxnj.com> wrote:
> On 10/02/05 20:29 -0500, Mitch Pirtle wrote:
> > Hey Faber.
> >
> > On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:13:03 -0500, Faber Fedor <faber at linuxnj.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > My feelings exactly. I'm finding Mambo and phpshopcart to be a royal PITA to get
> > > installed.  Well, I can't even get phpshopcart installed since I'm
> > > getting fatal errors from the Mambo (PEAR?) libraries.
> >
> > Nope, no PEAR libraries in Mambo, still waiting for a chance to put
> > ADOdb in there. Can you send the errors that you are getting? With
> > more detail I'm certain I can help.
>
> Log in as Admin, select Componenets->Download mambo-phpShop (the first
> one (I have two)), and select "Downloand Component".  It  d/les from
> mamboforge.net and the errors are:
>
> <-------------------------< errors >------------------->
> Warning: Failed opening
> '/var/www/html/trimline.us/cms/Mambo/administrator/includes/pcl//pclerror.lib.'
> for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in
> /var/www/html/trimline.us/cms/Mambo/administrator/includes/pcl/pcltar.lib.php
> on line 78
>
> Warning: Failed opening
> '/var/www/html/trimline.us/cms/Mambo/administrator/includes/pcl//pcltrace.lib.'
> for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in
> /var/www/html/trimline.us/cms/Mambo/administrator/includes/pcl/pcltar.lib.php
> on line 82
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: trfctstart() in
> /var/www/html/trimline.us/cms/Mambo/administrator/includes/pcl/pcltar.lib.php
> on line 379

That doesn't mean Mambo uses PEAR though, that is just PHP showing you
your include path saying that it cannot find the files it is looking
for - and /usr/share/pear is in your include path (common for PHP).

You must be using some 3rd party goodies for all of this, as Mambo
does not download packages. I'd suggest downloading the phpShop
component from here:

http://mamboforge.net/frs/?group_id=38&release_id=2916

And skip the remote installer for now (sounds like it still needs some
work). You can install the component using the standard installer in
the admin -> Components -> Install...

If you just install the component, you will have no problems. Just
make sure you clear out any prevous broken installations of phpShop
before you install the component this time.

-- Mitch