NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[nycphp-talk] [ot] linux expertise sought ...

Rolan Yang rolan at omnistep.com
Mon Jun 21 13:40:12 EDT 2004

That sounds pretty bad. Is there anything on the drive/partition that
was vital?
You can always boot off a floppy or cdrom then mount the linux partition
to regain access to your data... after that, I would suggest you back up
the data elsewhere.
recreate the initrd directory and reboot. If that does't work, then it
may be time for a reinstall (which isn't so bad with RedHat as compared to
say... Slackware 1.2.13).

~Rolan