NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[nycphp-talk] install php 4.2.2 with mysql & apache

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 10 11:42:46 EDT 2002

--- "P. Fawcett" <fawcett at bard.edu> wrote:
> in picking & sticking w/either rpm or src, does that mean don't mix
> ie. an rpm php w/a mysql src?

Right.  While there's no technical reason not to do so (libs are libs,
bins are bins) you can run into version/configuration mismatches, and
most importantly sysadmin confusion.

> or simply always rpm (or src) with php & ditto mysql etc?

Try to keep them in parallel - especially since RPM packages have
options/dependancies specific to one another.

> the -F is new to me -tx

Yeah, -U is always misleading to me - I shouldn't be able to upgrade
something that doesn't exist; but I guess RPM calls it "freshen".

> Hans Zaunere wrote:
> >
> > --- chalu <chalu at egenius.com> wrote:

>  If
> maybe

> > > You mean; rpm -e apache     to erase?
> >
> > -q to query, so he knows what's installed.  Then -e to erase if
> needed,
> > or -U to upgrade or -F to freshen (upgrades only if package is
> already
> > installed).
> >
> > =====
> > Hans Zaunere